Friday, December 1, 2023

[Holiday Hoopla 1] The Bishop's Wife (1947)

 

Quinn and I are going in chronological order for this watchalong, so we start with the oldest of the thirty-one movies on my list, 1947's The Bishop's Wife, directed by Henry Koster. As a blind first watch for the both of us, it proved especially entertaining, as we had no idea going in exactly where the story was headed.

Although the story feels a bit light on incident at times and doesn't have a whole lot of twists and turns, the central message of not losing sight of what's truly important in life was a poignant one. As I've grown older and have become more busy with both work and various projects, I feel like I've often let life pass me by. It's a pretty important lesson for anyone to learn, holiday season or not.

7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment