Wednesday, December 6, 2023

[Holiday Hoopla 6] Mickey's Christmas Carol (1983)

I spent almost the entire day working, or outside of the house, so coming home to this short but delightful TV special was a treat. It's technically not a movie, mea culpa, but nobody but God can judge me.

Coming just a couple of days after watching Scrooge, it is fun to compare and contrast with Mickey's Christmas Carol (dir. Burny Mattinson). This is really a cliff notes version of the A Christmas Carol story, but it hits the important parts just fine. The animation is rather nice for television, with some moody coloring and interesting environments that suit a Dickens story just right.

I could have sworn I watched this once as a kid, but since the cartoon I was thinking of had Max Goof in it this is definitely not the right one. But it was fun anyway.

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment