Thursday, December 21, 2023

[Holiday Hoopla 21] Love Actually (2003)

 

I really had no idea what to expect of this movie, since I'd only ever heard its title and never anything substantial about its actual content. Overall I enjoyed Love Actually (dir. Richard Curtis), although I was left rather confused by the overabundance of characters which made it a little difficult to follow at times. There are also, needless to say, plenty of jokes that have aged poorly in the last 20 years. The fatphobic jokes in particular come up far too often for my liking.

That said, some of these love stories are quite touching, even if others don't quite land. Our favorite actor here was Emma Thompson, whose scene listening to the Joni Mitchell CD was the most emotional of the movie.

For enjoyers of romcoms. But others might enjoy it anyway.

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment