Friday, December 22, 2023

[Holiday Hoopla 22] Single Santa Seeks Mrs. Claus (2004)

 

Continuing the trend of making me question my past self's sanity when she was assembling this list, here's Single Santa Seeks Mrs. Claus, directed by Harvey Frost.

Hallmark holiday movies are a pretty infamous subgenre at this point, but I was completely uninitiated in them until tonight. I can't say that my life has been enriched by the experience, but at least it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

The worst I can say about this movie is that it's fairly bland and that I was bored a bit before the hour mark passed. The lead actors are pretty good but the story is about as threadbare as you'd expect from the title. Since this movie is 19 years old, I now have a sick curiosity to compare it with a more recent Hallmark Christmas movie and see if they've gotten better or worse. Good lord...

4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment